For some use cases, traditional guacamole is just too thick. That’s when something smooth fits right in. Spicy avocado sauce has an earthy tang (love those tomatillos) and solid bite, making it a perfect sauce for use as a taco topping or as dipping sauce for Mexican meals.
Fresh jalapeño peppers (2,500 to 8,000 Scoville heat units) are the heat source, though you could opt for the spicier serrano pepper here (10,000 to 23,000 SHU.) Serranos typically delivers double the punch, so take care not to over-spice.
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Spicy Guacamole: A classic dip with good bite.
- Texas Caviar: This mishmash of nine ingredients are perfect as a Tex-Mex side.
- Spicy Pineapple, Avocado, and Black Bean Salad: The mix of tropical sweetness, earthiness, and heat are a perfect trio.
Spicy Avocado Sauce
- Place all ingredients into a blender and pulse blend until you reach your desired sauce consistency.
- Serve immediately, or for best flavor cover the sauce and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving to allow the flavors to meld.