For those that like a morning pick-me-up, spicy baked eggs with beans is a real winner. It’s quick to prepare and offers up a perfect combination of healthy proteins, delightful taste, and fiery flavor. All beans work well with the baked eggs, but kidney beans, black-eyed beans, or cannellini beans work best.
Want to make an even heartier meal of it? Add in a meat of your choice. Fry up some bacon or chorizo and add it to the pan alongside the tomatoes for a total meat and bean feast.
You, of course, have the option of turning up the heat by doubling up the cayenne pepper powder. Or, simply add in a chopped pepper of your choice. This is a very forgiving dish when it comes to ingredients. Feel free to experiment. It’s just as tasty whether you go jalapeño or habanero. The choice really comes down to your heat tolerance.
See it being made:
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Spicy Baked Eggs In Avocado: A healthy breakfast that looks real tasty on the plate.
- Chili Buttered Eggs: With roasted ratatouille and a Napoletana sauce. Yum.
- Spicy Masala Eggs: Rich with Indian spices.
Spicy Baked Eggs with Beans
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small frying pan heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Fry the chopped onion and zucchini in the pan for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking,
- Add the cayenne pepper powder, tomatoes, and tomato puree and cook until warmed through.
- Add the cooked beans to the bottom of a casserole dish. Then spread the tomato mixture On top.
- Break the eggs directly on top of the dish and bake in the center of the oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.