This is one breakfast that’s both fast to prep and beautiful in presentation. Oh, and did we mention spicy? That’s the piece de la resistance for us. Sprinkled with both black pepper and cayenne pepper powder, there’s a kick to these baked eggs in avocado.
If you want a little more heat, try sprinkling on some freshly sliced red chilies. It’ll add heat, plus the red pairs well with avocado green and the whites and yellows of the egg.
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Spicy Baked Eggs With Beans: A classic breakfast, hearty and tasty.
- Anda Bhurji: These brunch eggs are deliciously exotic, with coconut milk, chilies, and plenty of spices.
- Chili Buttered Eggs, Roasted Ratatouille, and Napoletana Sauce: Want brunch eggs that’ll really impress? This recipe will do it.
Shop Our Spicery On Etsy
Jalapeño and Chipotle "Yin and Yang" Set
Enjoy two sides to the jalapeño pepper with these two ground chili powders. Ground green jalapeño is grassy and bright in flavor, while chipotle (dried, smoked jalapeño) is earthy and smoky. Together, they cover a lot of needs in the kitchen. 100% chilies, no additives.Buy Now
Support PepperScale by purchasing our fiery spices. Subscribers get 15% off!
Baked Eggs In Avocado
Healthy and delicious – they just look good on the plate
- 8 eggs
- 4 avocados halved and pit removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder more to taste and heat preference
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Scrape out the center of each avocado half, enough to hold an egg, then place the halves on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle lime juice over avocado halves, then add a dash of salt to each avocado.
- Break an egg – yolk intact – into each avocado half, then place the baking sheet in the oven.
- Bake the avocados for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the egg reaches your preferred firmness.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the avocados with black pepper and cayenne pepper powder, then serve.
For extra heat, serve with sliced fresh red chilies (red serrano, Fresno, or jalapeño).
Calories: 451kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 15gFat: 38gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 0.03gCholesterol: 327mgSodium: 721mgPotassium: 1114mgFiber: 14gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 827IUVitamin C: 22mgCalcium: 77mgIron: 3mg
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!