A spicy fan snacking favorite…
Whether it’s for a big game day, an outdoor party, or a fiesta of any kind, spicy chicken nachos are always a hit. This is one appetizer that doesn’t leave you wanting more, both tasty and filling. You bet it’ll be a favorite on the table. In fact it likely won’t last that long, so be sure to save some for yourself!
The pepper jack cheese is the main heat source, but you could spice things up even more by adding in minced jalapeños or serranos.
Spicy Chicken Nachos
- 1 pound pepper jack cheese cubed
- 1 pound cooked chicken breast cut into strips and cubed
- 1 can black beans 15 ounce can, drained
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 3 scallions diced
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- Spray the slow cooker well on all sides with a cooking spray (to limit sticking).
- Place the cubed cheese, salsa, chicken, and black beans in the slow cooker and cover.
- Cook (low heat) for 2 hours. Stir once or twice during the time.
- Mix in the onions, bell peppers, and sour cream and cover.
- Reset slow cooker to high and cook for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
To make things spicier, add in minced jalapeño or serrano peppers during step 5.
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!