Turn up that soy! Sure, soy sauce with a little wasabi thrown in adds some tasty heat to sushi, pot stickers, and other Asian dippables. But how about going the hot pepper route? It’s easy to do, and the heat hits in a totally different way. Not the nasal heat you’re used to with wasabi, more of a full mouth explosion.
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Spicy Cocktail Sauce: Still plenty of tang, but there’s a delicious spiciness throughout.
- Maple Chipotle Sauce: One of our favorite dipping sauces. Smoky and sweet.
- Homemade Hoisin Sauce: The classic Asian sauce, great for dipping or for BBQ.
Spicy Soy Sauce
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients except the onion and chili pepper, until fully combined.
- If you prefer a sauce with some additional ingredients (and potential heat) layered in, add in the onion and/or the chili pepper and stir.