Looking for a super-easy lunch with a ton of flavor? Spicy tuna pate takes five ingredients (with options for a few more) and no more than 10 minutes of time! It’s delicious with crudités of all types, as a sandwich spread, or even as a baked potato topping. Spicy tuna pate packs a surprising amount of flavor for how easy it is to make.
It’s a mix of meaty tuna, rich butter, fiery cayenne pepper, and tangy lemon juice that just lights up your mouth in all the right ways. It’s delicious as is, but you could also opt for experimenting with some onion powder and/or garlic powder in the mix (1/2 teaspoon of each.)
If you’re concerned about the spiciness, feel free to ramp down on the amount of cayenne used. Starting with 1/4 teaspoon (instead of a half teaspoon) would be the obvious first adjustment. But feel free to experiment with even less cayenne if just a hint of warmth is more your style.
This spicy tuna pate recipe stores well. Just add it to an airtight container and use it within three days. The flavor improves after cooling for a few hours, so give yourself plenty of time between when you make it and when you eat it. Whipping it up in the morning for a quick lunch at noon is the perfect timing.
See it being made:
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Jalapeño Artichoke Dip: Delicious warm or cold – a great party option.
- Sriracha Carrot Dip: The chili garlic sauce pairs really well with the earthy sweetness of carrots.
- Spicy Thai Tuna Gazpacho: Spicy and fragrant – cool and exotic. This gazpacho surprises.
Spicy Tuna Pate
- Add the butter to a small bowl or cup and microwave for 20 seconds or until melted.
- Drain the tuna and add it to a food processor with the melted butter, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Pulse blend until completely smooth.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice and mix to combine.
- Serve immediately with bread, crackers, or vegetable batons.