Potatoes are a perfect pairing with hot sauces and chili powders. These root vegetables just soak in the delicious heat and unique flavors of whatever coats them. So Sriracha meet the Russet, and be ready to meet your new favorite fry.
It’s a pairing destined to be part of your go-to options for barbecues and cook-outs. Sriracha delivers not only spiciness, but also a slight garlic undertone that just works with fries. They go great with spicy hamburgers or steak especially.
For extra heat, consider sprinkling a little homemade Sriracha powder (very easy to make) over the fries prior to serving. It’ll add color and an immediate kick to the eating experience.
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Pan-Fried Calamari with Rich Chili Jelly: Full-flavored fiery jelly pairs oh-so-tastily with calamari.
- Spicy Fried Pickles: A classic appetizer full of tangy zing and spicy kick.
- Smoky Chipotle Fries: A different twist on fried, using chipotle (dried, smoked jalapeño.)
Shop Our Spicery
Sriracha Powder by PepperScale
Sriracha seasoning could easily become your go-to spice, right next to salt and pepper. It's mild and packed with rooster sauce flavor (just in powder form!)Buy Now
Fiery Sriracha Fries
A spicy side, perfect with burgers, steaks, and barbecue
- 4 Russet potatoes cut into french fry strings or wedges
- 1/2 cup Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the Sriracha sauce, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Add the potato strings or wedges to the bowl and stir to thoroughly coat them.
- On a foil-lined baking tray, evenly spread the coated fries.
- Bake the fries for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown, flipping the fries once during the process.
- Remove from oven, and serve while hot.
Calories: 234kcalCarbohydrates: 39gProtein: 5gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 1094mgPotassium: 931mgFiber: 3gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 49IUVitamin C: 35mgCalcium: 28mgIron: 2mg
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!
Fantastic idea my family loves it