Rooster-rita all the way…
Sriracha goes with anything…seriously. For instance, turn that classic margarita into a Rooster-rita with a little dab of the famous sauce. It provides plenty of heat and a nice splash of color.
Spice up the Sriracha margarita even more with a hot sauce salted rim. It’s easy to do, and provides a delicious kick from the minute your lips hit the glass. Top it off with a jalapeño wheel garnish and you’re off to the races with this delicious spicy cocktail twist.
- 1 ounce tequila
- 1/2 ounce cointreau or triple sec
- 2 1/2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 cup ice
- 1 jalapeño pepper cut into wheels
- Salt for rim
- Salt the rim of margarita or rocks glass by placing a small amount of Sriracha on a plate, dashing the rim of the glass with Sriracha, then dipping the rim in salt.
- Place ice in a cocktail shaker, then add in tequila, cointreau (or triple sec), lime juice, and Sriracha. Shake vigorously, then pour the margarita into the glass.
- Garnish with a jalapeño wheel and enjoy.
Want it spicier? Add additional Sriracha to taste.
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!