It’ll satiate your sweet craving. It’ll fulfill your fix for fiery. Oh, and salty? It has that covered, too. That’s the beauty of sweet and spicy bacon – it just hits the spot across all of your taste buds. It’s the type of extra-special breakfast side that may be more memorable than the eggs or pancakes you serve with it. Or use it crushed on a sweet salad to provide a little extra salty pop to the meal.
The heat is delivered from cayenne with a little extra warmth from black pepper. Just a fraction of a teaspoon of each is enough to fire up that bacon, so don’t feel the need to be heavy-handed. This is a balancing game between sweet and spicy to get the flavor just right.
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Sriracha Bacon: Another take on your favorite breakfast meat, using the popular hot sauce.
- Spiced Pancakes With Berries: They look as good as they taste.
- Chili Buttered Eggs, Roasted Ratatouille, Napoletana Sauce: This is more of a breakfast experience than a meal.
Sweet And Spicy Bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cayenne pepper powder, and ground black pepper. Stir to combine.
- On a foil-lined pan, evenly space the bacon slices. Place pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Flip the bacon and evenly sprinkle the sugar/pepper mix across all of the slices. Place the bacon back in the oven for 15 minutes (or until golden brown).
- Remove the pan from the oven and place the bacon on paper towels to drain the excess oil.