This one is a no-brainer for Bloody Mary fans. Turn your classic ketchup into a zesty condiment version of the popular cocktail! It’s tangy, peppery, and fiery – like a good spicy Bloody Mary should be. This is a delicious traditional ketchup alternative for french fries, burgers, hot dogs, and much more.
Horseradish is the predominant heat source here, so start there if you’re looking to control the heat. The Tabasco sauce and paprika are drops in the bucket compared to the spice of that prepared horseradish. Of course, if you want a little more of that Lousiana vinegar tang from Tabasco, throw an extra dash or two into the mix too.
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Extra Spicy Bloody Mary: Take the popular morning cocktail to new heights.
- Smokin’ Chipotle Mustard: Plenty of smokiness here – delicious on sandwiches.
- Habanero Relish: Extra-hot, so be prepared!
Bloody Mary Ketchup
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients and stir well.
- Use immediately, or for best flavor chill the ketchup (covered) in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours minimum prior to use to allow the flavors to meld.