This one is a no-brainer for Bloody Mary fans. Turn your classic ketchup into a zesty condiment version of the popular cocktail! It’s tangy, peppery, and fiery – like a good spicy Bloody Mary should be. This is a delicious traditional ketchup alternative for french fries, burgers, hot dogs, and much more.
Horseradish is the predominant heat source here, so start there if you’re looking to control the heat. The Tabasco sauce and paprika are drops in the bucket compared to the spice of that prepared horseradish. Of course, if you want a little more of that Lousiana vinegar tang from Tabasco, throw an extra dash or two into the mix too.
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Extra Spicy Bloody Mary: Take the popular morning cocktail to new heights.
- Smokin’ Chipotle Mustard: Plenty of smokiness here – delicious on sandwiches.
- Habanero Relish: Extra-hot, so be prepared!
Bloody Mary Ketchup
A zesty take on the classic condiment
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients and stir well.
- Use immediately, or for best flavor chill the ketchup (covered) in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours minimum prior to use to allow the flavors to meld.
While Tabasco sauce and paprika are present in this recipe, the spiciness here comes mainly from horseradish. Control the heat by increasing/decreasing the amount of horseradish first.
Calories: 16kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 0.2gFat: 0.03gSaturated Fat: 0.004gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.01gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.003gSodium: 236mgPotassium: 48mgFiber: 0.1gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 94IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 3mgIron: 0.1mg
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!
I made this last night – wow. I can see so many uses for it. I’m going to mix some of it with ground turkey in my stuffed peppers next week. Thank you!