Meatballs with Southern spice flair…
This Cajun meatballs recipe may seem simple, but there’s a heck of a lot of flavor here. Cajun seasoning contains lots of delicious Southern spices like paprika, cayenne pepper powder, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. We top off the heat of the Cajun seasoning with a little extra cayenne pepper (we love some kick, so of course we do!)
Cajun meatballs are excellent served as a meal. Try them with a side of spicy red beans and rice. Cornbread is also a nice option, particularly one with a little heat behind it. Try this jalapeño cornbread, for instance. Really any typical barbecue sides work here.
Don’t overlook these Cajun meatballs as a cocktail side for those who favor heat, too. As a dipping sauce to pair with, you can try a tangy Cajun hot sauce like Tabasco or Louisiana Hot Sauce, or go with a sweeter BBQ sauce. We particularly love molasses-based sauces as a pairing. The earthy rich sweetness pairs well against the Southern spices in Cajun meatballs. Our spicy bourbon BBQ sauce recipe is a good one to pair with here. It matches dark molasses and bourbon with Sriracha and
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup yellow onion diced
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup quick cook oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- Cajun hot sauce or BBQ sauce * for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Using a tablespoon’s worth of the meat at a time, form small balls (approximately 1″ wide), then place each on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly through.
- Serve with Cajun hot sauce (Tabasco, Louisiana Hot Sauce) or BBQ sauce for dipping.