We are suckers for Bisquick biscuits. They are so easy to make, no matter what the recipe, and so homey good. But, of course, any food – no matter how delicious it already is – is just made better with a dash (or three) of Old Bay seasoning. These cheddar Old Bay biscuits match that Bisquick biscuits “feel good” with the popular Chesapeake Bay spice. The result? A bold and savory biscuit, with just enough simmering heat to keep you coming back for more.
We add a little extra spiciness through a pinch of cayenne powder in the Bisquick mix prior to baking. Of course, that’s optional – Old Bay already has a little simmering spiciness built in. Enjoy these biscuits with barbecue – they’re a splendid match with bold sauces and grilled meats.
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Old Bay Pickles: That vinegar tang is such a good pairing with this Chesapeake spice.
- Easy Chipotle Shortbread: Smoky and buttery – and oh so tasty.
- Honey Old Bay Wings: One of our favorite chicken wing recipes.
Shop Our Spicery On Etsy
Smoke It Up Set: Chipotle and Chile De Arbol Powders
This duo of medium-heat ground chilies provide plenty of heat and smokiness. Ground chipotle (2,500 to 8,000 SHU) and chile de arbol (15,000 to 30,000 SHU.) Both are delicious with red meats, BBQ, and more.Buy Now
Support PepperScale by purchasing our fiery spices. Subscribers get 15% off!
Cheddar Old Bay Biscuits
Savory and slightly spicy – delicious with BBQ
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 6 tablespoons butter separated and softened, 4 tablespoons/2 tablespoons
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional, for extra heat in the biscuit
Make the Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the Bisquick with the 4 tablespoons of softened butter until combined.
- Add the cheddar cheese, milk, and cayenne pepper to the Bisquick mix. Stir until combined.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon the Bisquick mix onto a cookie sheet, then place the sheet into the oven and bake the biscuits for approximately 9 minutes (until golden brown).
Make the Old Bay Drizzling Sauce
- In a sauce pan over medium low heat, add the last 2 tablespoons of butter, along with the Old Bay seasoning, garlic powder, and parsley flakes.
- Stir until the butter is melted and the spices are evenly spread through the butter sauce.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven (once golden brown), then drizzle the Old Bay butter sauce over the biscuits.
- Serve while warm.
Calories: 246kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 5gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0.3gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 504mgPotassium: 91mgFiber: 1gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 395IUVitamin C: 0.2mgCalcium: 132mgIron: 1mg
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!