We are suckers for Bisquick biscuits. They are so easy to make, no matter what the recipe, and so homey good. But, of course, any food – no matter how delicious it already is – is just made better with a dash (or three) of Old Bay seasoning. These cheddar Old Bay biscuits match that Bisquick biscuits “feel good” with the popular Chesapeake Bay spice. The result? A bold and savory biscuit, with just enough simmering heat to keep you coming back for more.
We add a little extra spiciness through a pinch of cayenne powder in the Bisquick mix prior to baking. Of course, that’s optional – Old Bay already has a little simmering spiciness built in. Enjoy these biscuits with barbecue – they’re a splendid match with bold sauces and grilled meats.
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Old Bay Pickles: That vinegar tang is such a good pairing with this Chesapeake spice.
- Easy Chipotle Shortbread: Smoky and buttery – and oh so tasty.
- Honey Old Bay Wings: One of our favorite chicken wing recipes.
Cheddar Old Bay Biscuits
Make the Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the Bisquick with the 4 tablespoons of softened butter until combined.
- Add the cheddar cheese, milk, and cayenne pepper to the Bisquick mix. Stir until combined.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon the Bisquick mix onto a cookie sheet, then place the sheet into the oven and bake the biscuits for approximately 9 minutes (until golden brown).
Make the Old Bay Drizzling Sauce
- In a sauce pan over medium low heat, add the last 2 tablespoons of butter, along with the Old Bay seasoning, garlic powder, and parsley flakes.
- Stir until the butter is melted and the spices are evenly spread through the butter sauce.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven (once golden brown), then drizzle the Old Bay butter sauce over the biscuits.
- Serve while warm.