Our easy jalapeño dip recipe is so simple to make and delivers totally on taste. The jalapeño peppers provide a nice mild to medium heat – just enough oomph to make the dip special, but not enough to scare off those who prefer milder fair. This is a dip that’s perfect for parties. Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, and/or vegetable crudités, and you’re off to the races.
If you want to increase the heat, you can opt for serrano peppers instead of the jalapeños. This will kick it up to twice the spice, easily, while providing a similar taste to the dip overall. Serrano peppers range from 10,000 to 23,000 Scoville heat units, while jalapeños range from 2,500 to 8,000 SHU. But both (when green) have a deliciously bright, grassy bite to them.
Like this dip? You’ll love these recipes too:
- Jalapeño Crab Dip: Deliciously crabby and made bold with those chilies.
- Spicy Sriracha Carrot Dip: Earthy and sweet carrots are a perfect pairing with Sriracha. You’ll love it with salty tortilla chips.
- Seven Layer Taco Dip: A classic. A crowd pleaser. Perfect for big family gatherings.
Easy Jalapeño Dip
- 2 packages cream cheese 16 total ounces
- 2 jalapeño peppers finely diced
- 1 can diced green chilies 4 ounces
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese Cheddar & Monterey Jack mix
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese 1/2 for dip, 1/2 for topping
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Mexican cheese, Parmesan, jalapeño peppers, and canned green chilies.
- Use a food processor to blend the ingredients to a chunky, yet smooth dip texture.
- Grease a casserole dish and then spread the dip evenly within it.
- In a separate bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, the second 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, and the melted butter.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb mix evenly across the dip.
- Bake the dip for 20 minutes or until the breadcrumb topping is browned.