Bring on the guacamole extreme!
So you want to experience new heights of heat in your homemade guacamole? Get ready for this. Habanero guacamole may look like your normal appetizer dip or Mexican side, but underneath all that smooth green is an explosion just waiting to occur in your mouth.
If this is your first time making it, opt for one habanero chili instead of two. It’s super spicy with a single chili; at two, you edge into extreme eats territory. Be sure to let your guests know, too. It’s a lot of spice to take in without warning.
Love avocado? We have more deliciousness for you in our spicy recipe index. For instance, try this spicy avocado salsa – think a chunkier guacamole with that spiciness you love. Or for something smoother, check out this spicy avocado sauce that’s great as a condiment. We even have a delicious hummus option that you may like!
- 4 avocados peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1 habanero pepper seeds removed and minced – 1 for very hot, 2 for scorching
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh tomato seeds removed and finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro approximately 3 sprigs, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional, or to taste (additional spice)
- In a food processor, pulse blend all ingredients except for the tomatoes until you reach your preferred guacamole smoothness.
- Remove the mix from the processor and transfer it into a bowl.
- Add the tomato and fold it into the guacamole until its evenly dispersed.
Such a great recipe, a lovely fragrant spice! So yummy with tortilla chips.