This jalapeño and cheese chip dip is just as perfect as a party appetizer as it is as a comfy “Saturday night on the sofa” food. It’s miles better than store-bought alternatives and, best of all, it only takes a few minutes to make.
The recipe is full of flavor and multiple textures – you’re first soothed by the cool creaminess of the sour cream and mayonaisse, but then comes the bite of salty cheese and two different kinds of jalapeño. There’s fresh jalapeño, with its bright, grassy heat, and pickled jalapeños with their delicious vinegar tang. It’s a full-mouth flavor explosion that you (and your guests) will love.
Keep your jalapeño and cheese dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. And obviously this works with more than just tortilla chips! It’s just as tasty with fresh cut vegetables.
See this recipe being made:
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Pickled Jalapeños: Want to make your own to use in this recipe? Start here.
- Spicy Sriracha Carrot Dip: Carrots and Sriracha go together incredibly well.
- Bacony Jalapeño Popper Dip: Dippers don’t get much better than this. Everything you love about poppers and more.
Jalapeno and Cheese Chip Dip
- 1 cup sour cream natural yogurt is a good substitute
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeños
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice roughly the juice of half a lemon
- Remove the seeds and chop the fresh green jalapeño fine.
- Grate the cheese and chop the pickled jalapeños into very small chunks.
- In a bowl combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, fresh jalapeño, pickled jalapeño, and the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Add the lemon juice into the bowl and stir to combine.
- Transfer into a serving bowl and use immediately. You can also keep it in an airtight container for up to three days in the refrigerator.
I modified the recipe and made my own version. It turned out great — thanks for the inspiration!