Smooth with a mild kick…
Creamed corn is always a deliciously smooth and slightly decadent side. Who doesn’t love a base of butter, cream cheese, and cheddar? It’s delish, especially when we introduce a little jalapeño pepper to the mix. A few jalapeños provide a tasty kick to creamed corn. It’s not an overwhelming heat here, more a slight sizzle that most everyone in the family can enjoy.
If you want more spiciness, try using serrano peppers instead, if your supermarket carries them. They have typically double the heat with a comparable bright, grassy flavor. They tend to be smaller in size, so you may need to adjust the amount you use in the recipe.
Jalapeño Creamed Corn
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and stir well.
- Spoon the corn mix into a medium-sized baking pan (11x7 or 13x9 for instance) and spread evenly.
- Place the baking pan into the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the creamed corn from the oven, and stir well once more.