Spicy and smooth…
It’s the simple things that sometimes bring the greatest joy. That’s how we feel about Mexican chocolate pudding. It’s so simple, yet it’s a sure smile maker. There are so many flavors here. Cinnamon is key for any Mexican chocolate pudding, providing that lovely warmth and earthy undertone.
Some recipes stop there, but we’re with the crew that believes any Mexican chocolate pudding needs some kick to it. We deliver that with both chipotle powder and cayenne pepper. Chipotle provides some heat, plus a touch of smokiness to compliment the earthy cinnamon. Cayenne delivers a little extra heat to this spicy dessert.
Mexican Chocolate Pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- Pinch salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper powder
- In a large bowl, combine the light brown sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, cinnamon, chipotle powder, cayenne powder, and salt. Stir well.
- Whisk in the milk until fully combined with the dry ingredients.
- Pour the mix into a pot and bring the mix to a quick boil over medium heat. Continue to stir often using the whisk. Once boiling, continue to whisk for one minute.
- Remove from heat and add in the butter and vanilla extract. Whisk well until the butter is melted.
- Pour the mix into a bowl and lightly cover with wax paper. Place the bowl in the refrigerator and allow the putting to set (roughly 90 minutes to 2 hours).
Calories: 250kcalCarbohydrates: 40gProtein: 5gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 64mgPotassium: 279mgFiber: 1gSugar: 33gVitamin A: 365IUCalcium: 168mgIron: 0.9mg
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!
Being a chocolate lover, I found this recipe really good. Except for the sugar content, which I might keep low due to my health concerns, the offering is promising.