Spiced apple chutney is simply delicious, but how about spiced spicy apple chutney? Now that’s a taste bud explosion of the best kind. In this recipe, traditional chutney savory spices (cinnamon, allspice, and the like) are paired against jalapeño pepper and a healthy dose of cayenne pepper powder. It’s the epitome of sweet heat that you won’t soon forget.
Serve spicy apple chutney as a side to chicken or pork. Or try it on its own as a savory snack. It’s also delicious at breakfast time, served as a side to French toast or pancakes. This is a morning dish that’ll perk you right up. Just be prepared the day before for breakfast usage – the recipe does take nearly an hour of simmering to get the chutney to the right consistency.
See this spicy apple chutney recipe being made:
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Spicy Apple Chips: These chips are an excellent snack, adding a little oomph to the sweetness.
- Fiery Fig Chutney: This chutney is a perfect side with cheese, in particular.
- Spiced Apple Oats: A healthy (and spicy) breakfast recipe that’s a perfect base for some experimenting.
Spicy Apple Chutney
Both deliciously spiced and enjoyably spicy
- 1 pound apples peeled and chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers diced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger shredded
- 1 tablespoon garlic chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over high heat and bring the mix to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the chutney simmer for approximately 45 minutes until thickened.
- Remove from heat, allow the chutney to cool, then serve.
Calories: 239kcalCarbohydrates: 60gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 18mgPotassium: 314mgFiber: 3gSugar: 45gVitamin A: 438IUVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 48mgIron: 1mg
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!
Third year in a row and we just prepare more and more of this chutney each year. We cannot eat tacos without it anymore! Thanks for this recipe!