Sure you can settle for those little flavor packets that come with store-bought ramen packets. Or – why not go all out and make your own broth featuring the uber-popular Sriracha chili sauce? Our spicy ramen noodles recipe is ramen the way it should be. Fresh ingredients and a bold bite that’ll have you looking forward to sipping the broth out of the bottom of the bowl. It’s chock-full of comfort, perfect any time of year.
Add in crushed red pepper for a little extra pop, but the Sriracha provides plenty of its own. Don’t be heavy-handed here as it can overtake the flavor. And don’t forget that there’s also fresh ginger in the recipe that brings some extra warmth to the meal. Best of all, it’s simple to make: just a little chopping and blending to go along with the warming. All in, your spicy ramen noodles are done in 30 minutes or less. Yum.
Like this soup recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Curried Carrot Soup: Coconut milk, carrots, and curry paste give this soup plenty of depth. Crushed red pepper is the heat (and add as much or as little as you want.)
- Thai Pumpkin Soup: Not all pumpkin soups need to taste like fall in a bowl. This one pairs earthy, sweet pumpkin with red curry paste.
- Mexican Meatball Soup: This is a soup that eats like a hearty meal. Serve with tortillas.
Spicy Ramen Noodles
- 9 ounces ramen noodles 3 packages of store-bought ready-to-make soups
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 4 scallions minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tomato small, diced
- 1 onion small, diced
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper optional, extra spice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- In a soup pot over medium heat, bring the sesame oil and Sriracha to a low simmer then immediately add in the tomatoes and onion. Let the ingredients simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add in the garlic, ginger, crushed red pepper garlic powder, and celery salt. Continue cooking, stirring often for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the water, then using a food processor or blender, blend the mix until smooth.
- Add the vegetable broth, soy sauce, and rice vinegar and allow the mix to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the ramen noodles and continue simmering for 2 minutes.
- Add the scallions, stir to combine, then serve.