Grillin’ with the rooster…
For those that just can’t get enough Sriracha sauce (and there are many of us), incorporating it into a tasty BBQ sauce opens up a bunch of spicy eating fun. There’s a little sweet and a touch of tang in this Sriracha BBQ sauce. Brown sugar and honey pair with ketchup and lime juice in delicious ways. And it’s all tied together with the garlicky spiciness that the rooster sauce is known for (plus plenty of additional garlic).
Use this fiery sauce as a marinade for barbecue ribs and pork. Or simply put it on the side and use it as a dipper for chicken fingers and non-spiced beef satay. It’s also really good as a BBQ sauce base for spicy pulled pork. Just note the garlic level here. As mentioned, there’s quite a bit of garlic in this sauce. If your meat is pre-seasoned with garlic, this Sriracha BBQ sauce may be a little on the garlic-heavy side. Remove cloves accordingly.
Looking for even more fiery BBQ sauces? We have plenty that’ll keep you grilling for weeks. For a smokier take, try this chipotle bourbon BBQ sauce. Or if you want something bigger in heat, our Peach habanero BBQ sauce is plenty spicy. And the combo of peach and the natural sweetness of habanero is delicious on chicken and pork.
Sriracha BBQ Sauce
- 1 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup soy sauce low sodium best
- 2/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice approximately the juice of two limes
- 8 cloves garlic minced, approximately 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- Heat the olive oil in a sauce pan over medium heat, then add the garlic. Sauté the garlic for 30 to 45 seconds, until fragrant.
- Lower the heat to low and add the ketchup, Sriracha sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, lime juice, garlic, honey, and onion powder. Allow all the ingredients to simmer, stirring often, for 20 minutes – or until the sauce reaches your desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and allow the sauce to cool to room temperature. Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for future use.