There are few salsas as versatile as a black bean and corn salsa. Sure, it makes a terrific chip dip and a burrito or quesadilla is made all the better with it. But it’s also hearty enough to be used as a side dish for any Mexican meal. Try it, too, mixed with eggs for a spicy scrambled eggs or omelette.
Spice this recipe up even more by opting for serrano peppers over jalapeño. Serranos sit at roughly double the heat of those jalapeños (10,000 to 23,000 Scoville heat units vs. 2,500 to 8,000 SHU.) So you’ll get plenty of additional fiery pop. Plus, the flavor is similar, so you’ll still get a tasty grassy bright bite that works so well with corn and black beans.
Like this recipe? You’ll love these salsas too:
- Cherry: Deliciously sweet and tart in its flavor, and it just pops with jalapeños.
- Jalapeño Mango: Tropically sweet! This is a terrific fish taco topper.
- Spicy Blueberry: Blueberries provide a rich earthiness. It works so well with salty tortilla chips.
Black Bean And Corn Salsa
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Chill for 30 minutes prior to serving for best flavor.