Ready to spice your typical Alfredo sauce up a notch? Adding in a little cayenne pepper powder is an excellent way to start, whether it’s Fettuccine Alfredo, chicken, or another concoction. Spicy Alfredo sauce can be that simple to make.
But you don’t need to stop there – try experimenting with crushed red pepper and even hot sauce, too. A tiny dash of Sriracha or Tabasco can add a unique twist to the flavor. You could also opt for a milder warmth by choosing paprika instead of cayenne pepper powder. Choose a generically labeled or sweet paprika, not hot paprika. Or for something a little smoky, try cutting the cayenne used in your spicy Alfredo sauce with a dash or two of chipotle powder. We have a recipe for that too. There are many ways to bring life to this spicy pasta sauce.
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Spicy Vodka Sauce: This sauce pairs tomato, cream, and crushed red pepper to taunt those taste buds.
- Fiery Cajun Cream Sauce: Another delicious sauce, pairing Cajun seasoning with cayenne for Louisiana-style heat.
- Sriracha Spaghetti Sauce: What’s not to love when the rooster sauce fuels your meal?
Spicy Alfredo Sauce
- Over medium heat, combine the butter and garlic in a saucepan. Stir until the butter is melted and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, and cayenne. Stir the sauce until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add in the salt and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Serve with pasta.